Terms and Conditions
Use of the Website
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the law of England.
Purchase of Products
The contract between you and us is created as follows:
• You place the order on our website by completing the checkout process.
• You will receive an acknowledgement email with the details of your order. This is not an order confirmation from us.
We will email you to confirm when we have dispatched your order. Order acceptance and completion of the contract takes place on dispatch.
We will take care to ensure that all product details are correct at the time the information is entered onto the website. However we reserve the right to change product specifications without notice. Images/descriptions on the website may not always be inline with any changes. Prices cannot be confirmed until the order is accepted (see above).
International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what your additional costs will be prior to buying.
Distance Selling Regualtions (`DSR`)
You are entitled to cancel the contract under the DSR. you must notify us in writing or email no more that 7 working days after the day on which you receive your products. If you excercise your right in accordance with these conditons we will refund the purchase price and delivery charge.
You do not have the right to cancel the contract under the DSR if you are contracting as a business or have previously inspected the products.
We will do all we can to keep details of your order(s) and payment secure. However we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data you provide to us when using or ordering from our Website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by D S Nelson and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control . We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, We take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We reserve the right to modify or remove part or all of this website without notice.
This website and its content is copyright of D S Nelson- © D S Nelson 2022. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title.
• contact information including email address.
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• If you have signed up to our newsletter or website e-mail list, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate how you would like to receive the information, from D S Nelson or DD Storyteller for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have booked me for a storytelling event you will receive a invoice with the following terms and conditions:
Should you cancel and I am unable to fill the date with another booking the following fees will apply:
Less than 1calendar months before performance date 50% of fee will be charged
Less than two weeks before performance 100% of fee will be charged
Should I have to cancel for any reason I will do my best to find you a replacement storyteller for the day. If I am unable to find a replacement I will arrange a mutually acceptable alternative date at 5% less than the fee agreed in this contract.
In the case of digital products sold via this website, the product will not be dispatched until the fourteen day cancellation period has elapsed, unless the consumer instructs otherwise and therefore forfiets his/her cancellation rights. If you are purchasing digital products and wish to do this, please tick the terms and conditions box at the checkout.